Israel: Palmach emblem breast badge rare variant, c. 1948-1949; not maker-marked: supposed to be Yitzhak Meir's design based Shoshana Spector's original; size: 1.2 x 1.5cm; weight: 0.8g: bears 6-leaved sheaths (instead of 4); area below sword is filled in (not punched-out as usual). Rev.: safety-pin attached. Issued to everyone who was a member prior to 29 November 1947 during a Palmach assembly at the 'HaBima' theater commemorating the force's 7th anniversary, on 7 May 1948. Worn on the left pocket flap & replaced 1951 by War of Independence ribbon. The Palmach existed independently until November 1948 & numbered 6,500 fighters.